[ltp] ThinkPad R40e with Fedora Core 1

As Wi linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 12 Dec 2003 14:40:20 -0800 (PST)

--0-563682645-1071268820=:17225

Hello,

I installed Fedora Core 1 on my ThinkPad R40e. Everything seems to be fine, but the only one that irritates me so much is that the suspend and standby functions do not work properly (maybe these are related to ACPI problems). This is maybe also causing the laptop does not power off by itself (I have to switch off the power button manually), when I am shutting down the machine.

Is there any one who has a successful experience dealing with ACPI on ThinkPad R40e (for Fedora Core 1 especially, or other Linux distro) ?

Any comments are appreciated.

Thanks.

Cheers,
Ari

--0-563682645-1071268820=:17225

<DIV>Hello,</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I installed Fedora Core 1 on my ThinkPad R40e. Everything seems to be fine, but the only one that irritates me so much is that the suspend and standby functions do not work properly (maybe these are related to ACPI problems). This is maybe also causing the laptop does not power off by itself (I have to switch off the power button manually), when I am shutting down the machine.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Is there any one who has a successful experience dealing with ACPI on ThinkPad R40e (for Fedora Core 1 especially, or other Linux distro) ?</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Any comments are appreciated.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Thanks.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Cheers,</DIV>