[ltp] Thinkpad R40 2722: various CPUFREQ troubles

Sebastian Kapfer linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 13 Dec 2003 23:28:02 +0100

--=-vluF7K9p5PAG/VBfqGEq

Am Sa, den 13.12.2003 schrieb Eric Gourgoulhon um 18:37:
> Sebastian Kapfer a =E9crit :
> > Am Do, den 11.12.2003 schrieb Eric Gourgoulhon um 15:35:
> >=20
> >=20
> >>http://www.luth.obspm.fr/~luthier/gourgoulhon/ThinkPad/
> >=20
> >=20
> >>Switching the computer off: after a shutdown, the screen automatically
> >>switches off but the computer stays on. One has to press the I/O
> >>button for a few seconds to power off the computer.=20
> >=20
> > My Thinkpad had the same problem. It disappeared when I disabled "APIC
> > on uniprocessors" from the processor features menu. I think the kernel
> > option "noapic" does the same.
>=20
> Thanks for the advice.
> Is it harmfull to disable APIC ?
> i.e. does it decrease the CPU performances ?

I don't think so. IIRC, the APIC feature is flagged as experimental
anyway. More stuff to read up:

http://osdev.neopages.net/tutorials/pdf/apic.pdf

I didn't understand much in that PDF. :-)

--=20
Best Regards,  | Hi! I'm a .signature virus. Copy me into
 Sebastian     | your ~/.signature to help me spread!

--=-vluF7K9p5PAG/VBfqGEq

--=-vluF7K9p5PAG/VBfqGEq--