[ltp] 640x480 external monitor on T40p ?

Steve Barr linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 16 Dec 2003 19:23:55 -0500

I'm hoping someone can tell me what I'm doing wrong.

I have a VGA HMD (MicroOptical SV-6) which works fine
with my Sony Picturebook running Linux, my T40p running
XP, but not when it's running Linux.

When I boot with it the bottom 1/6th or so of the display
is 'wrapped' up to the top of the display.  I've also
not been able to get it to do a virtual XGA with a VGA
viewport (I uncomment those lines when trying to get
it to work).

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Steve
--
http://www.stevebarr.com
"Your lips should remain unmoved."

# XFree86 4 configuration created by pyxf86config

Section "ServerLayout"
         Identifier     "Default Layout"
         #Screen      0  "Screen0" 0 0
         Screen      0  "Screen1" 0 0
         InputDevice    "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
         InputDevice    "DevInputMice" "AlwaysCore"
EndSection

Section "Files"
         RgbPath      "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/rgb"
         FontPath     "unix/:7100"
EndSection

Section "Module"
         Load  "dbe"
         Load  "extmod"
         Load  "fbdevhw"
         Load  "GLcore"
         Load  "glx"
         Load  "record"
         Load  "freetype"
         Load  "type1"
         Load  "dri"
         Load "speedo"
         Load "type1"
         Load "pex5"
         Load "xie"
         Load "v41"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
         Identifier  "Keyboard0"
         Driver      "keyboard"
         Option      "XkbRules" "xfree86"
         Option      "XkbModel" "pc105"
         Option      "XkbLayout" "us"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
         Identifier  "Mouse0"
         Driver      "mouse"
         Option      "Protocol" "PS/2"
         Option      "Device" "/dev/psaux"
         Option      "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
         Option      "Emulate3Buttons" "no"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
         Identifier  "DevInputMice"
         Driver      "mouse"
         Option      "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
         Option      "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
         Option      "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
         Option      "Emulate3Buttons" "no"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
         Identifier   "Monitor0"
         VendorName   "Monitor Vendor"
         ModelName    "Unprobed Monitor"
         HorizSync    31.5 - 37.9
         VertRefresh  50.0 - 70.0
         Option      "dpms"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
         Identifier   "External Monitor"
         VendorName   "IBM"
         ModelName    "P76"
         HorizSync   30.0-60.0
         VertRefresh 60.0
	#Gamma 1.0 1.0 1.0
         Option "dpms"
EndSection

Section "Device"
         Identifier  "Videocard0"
         Driver      "radeon"
         VendorName  "Videocard vendor"
         BoardName   "ATI Radeon Mobility M9"
         VideoRam    65536
EndSection

Section "Screen"
         Identifier "Screen0"
         Device     "Videocard0"
         Monitor    "Monitor0"
         DefaultDepth     24
         SubSection "Display"
                 Depth     24
                 Modes    "1400x1050" "800x600" "640x480"
         EndSubSection
EndSection

Section "Screen"
	Identifier   "Screen1"