[ltp] Cisco Aironet 350 Mini PCI on an R40 running SuSE 9

Fabrice Bellet linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 18 Dec 2003 15:29:05 +0100

Hello,

On Wed, Dec 17, 2003 at 09:59:49AM -0800, Dimitris Kogias wrote:
> ACU works with Cisco's mpi350 driver whereas iwconfig works only with
> Fabrice's airo_mpi driver.  From your message it seems you mixed the two
> config utilities, but which driver was loaded at the time?

airo_mpi implements the ioctl used by ACU to communicate with the card,
so ACU too can be used to configure the card when airo_mpi is loaded.
But, this possibility is not really interesting, because all
the required configuration can already be achieved with iwconfig. ACU adds
nothing except an ugly GUI :-)

As a side note : please DO NOT try to flash your card firmware in this
configuration (ACU + airo_mpi). I already got the report of someone who
toasted his card, while trying this operation.  I disabled this *feature*
in recent versions. But I repeat myself : flash your firmware ONLY under
Windows if you want to be safe.

Best wishes,
--
fabrice