[ltp] 3DAcc. on Fire GL 2 (T41p) and XF86Config-4

Raphael Zentner linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 22 Dec 2003 01:55:12 -0500

Tim Prince wrote:
> At 09:49 PM 12/21/2003, Raphael Zentner wrote:
>
>>  Is it worth to switch over to the 2.6 Kernel?
>

> For me, no.  I don't have any particular goals to be satisfied by such a
> change.  Do you?

I heard the IBM a/b and a/b/g Wireless Hardware would be supported in
the next kernel. However I donīt know how trustful this information is.

>> Another weird thing: ACPI did not seem to work on my computer (with Suse
>> Linux 9). When I enabled the ACPI-functions and then pressed one of the
>> buttons, the system ran extremely slowly - it took half an hour for
>> system halt. On the next boot I specified "ACPI=off" as boot-parameter.
>> Now all ACPI-functions seem to work (i.e. the system hilbernates or
>> suspends if I close the lid etc.).
>

> SuSE 9.0 reports ACPI partially enabled on my T40.
> If I hit one of the touchpad buttons by mistake, some process grabs the
> CPU and slows everything down, as you say.
> Suspend on lid close is a BIOS option; take a look.

Thanks. But also I get the battery charge status symbol (in a working
way) in the control panel with acpi=off as boot parameter. This does not
occur otherwise.

-Raphael.