[ltp] 3DAcc. on Fire GL 2 (T41p) and XF86Config-4

Aaron Mulder linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 22 Dec 2003 10:12:48 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 22 Dec 2003, Raphael Zentner wrote:
> Another weird thing: ACPI did not seem to work on my computer (with Suse
> Linux 9). When I enabled the ACPI-functions and then pressed one of the
> buttons, the system ran extremely slowly - it took half an hour for
> system halt. On the next boot I specified "ACPI=off" as boot-parameter.
> Now all ACPI-functions seem to work (i.e. the system hilbernates or
> suspends if I close the lid etc.).

	Had the same experience with ACPI and SuSE 9.  If you pass in
"acpi=off" then it will use APM instead of ACPI, which works perfectly for
me.  Further, if you load the "speedstep-centrino" module, it will allow
cpufreqd to do power management on the CPU, which will increase your
battery life a lot.  You might want to load that at the beginning of the
/etc/init.d/cpufreqd script or something.

Aaron