[ltp] Cisco Aironet 350 Mini PCI on an R40 running SuSE 9

Mike Evans linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 22 Dec 2003 09:55:02 -0700

Jeffrey Taylor wrote:

> Quoting Mike Evans <mike@public.arl.arizona.edu>:
>
>>Thanks for all the advice.
>>
>>Well, I've had some success.  I'm not sure what did it (possible setting
>>my router's authentication to "open") but I can now:
>>1) see my router (get it's MAC)
>>2) authenticate my key
>>3) grab an IP via DHCP
>>4) ping the router and boxes in my network
>>
>>When I try to ping an outside IP, I get
>>connetc: Network is unreachable
>>
>>I've disabled iptables on the laptop and I can't see anything in the
>>Router's setup that would be restricting it from passing packets (and
>>booting into Win XP reveals that the wireless does work on that side).
>>
>>I feel like I'm so close to getting this to work... any final pieces of
>>advice?
>>

> Check the routing tables, i.e., run "route".  The default gateway
> should point to the router's LAN IP address.

Aha!
route add -net default gateway 192.168.0.1 dev eth1
Seems to have done the trick... now I'll need to insert it into my
start-up scripts.  DNS resolution is VERY slow, but I'll have to save
that for another day.

Many thanks go out all the help you've all given me.  I've learned a lot
  with this particular problem!

Mike