[ltp] Thinkpad 600E sound

Syd Hancock linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 23 Dec 2003 11:27:35 +0000

On Tuesday 23 Dec 2003 10:36 am, arun kalmanje wrote:
 > I installed RedHat 7.3, kernel 2.4.18 and tried heaven and hell
> to bring up the sound and have failed miserably.  I even tried
> this Mandrake installation 8.2 that too is giving same errors as
> I was getting with RedHat.
[...]
> Can anybody guess the problem. or suggest a solution. and save me
> from getting frustrated.

Arun, you should definitely try the most recent versions of the
distros. Mandrake is at 9.2, big changes since 8.2 especially in
laptop devices detection and support - I am using it on a T23 with
great success. (RH - isn't that up to 9.0 or something by now? Not
an RH user).

This is serious advice BTW not a brush-off or RTFM comment.

Syd H
Norwich UK