[ltp] display broken?

Thu, 25 Dec 2003 00:04:48 +0200

--x+6KMIRAuhnl3hBn

On Wed, Dec 24, 2003 at 01:45:12PM +0100, Andr=E9 Wyrwa wrote:
> i woke up this morning to realize that my tp makes some humming noise.
>=20
> Letting my ear wander around over it i realized it must be the display
> and a few seconds later i found out that it stops when setting the
> brightness to maximum.
>=20
> My conclusion is that one of the light tubes must be broken.
>=20
> Does anyone have a similar phenomena or more experienced conclusion?

I've noticed the same thing with my T23.  If LCD brightness is below
maximum OR if AC power is not connected, there is a humming noise.
Its not very loud, but noticeable (and annoying) if the environment is
very quiet (e.g. in the middle of the night :-).

Marius Gedminas
--=20
Anyone can do any amount of work provided it isn't the work he is supposed
to be doing at the moment.
                -- Robert Benchley

--x+6KMIRAuhnl3hBn

--x+6KMIRAuhnl3hBn--