[ltp] Centrino wireless working

Raphael Zentner linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 25 Dec 2003 14:15:41 -0500

David Barroso wrote:
> Hi all,
> today I've tried the ndiswrapper (ndiswrapper.sf.net) and at last I can
> use my t41 Centrino wireless card in linux (although using the XP
> drivers :() Just to say that it works.

Hi,

It seems to work on my computer as well now (it works if you get this
email :) ). I have only one configuration problem. If I try to automize
the process, then, following the instructions in the Readme-file, I get
an error message when typing

poincare:/usr/ndiswrapper/utils # depmod -a
depmod: *** Unresolved symbols in
/lib/modules/2.4.21-144-default/misc/ndiswrapper.o

However, when I load this driver manually (using insmod), then it works.
Maybe I do a general mistake.

Also, what does not work, is the following: If I boot with the usual
Ethernet-Cable plugged in (usual LAN), configure the wlan until it seems
to work, and plug out the Ethernet cable, then the addresses do not
resolve, i.e. I canīt use the wlan really. On the other hand, if I boot
with the lan-cable plugged out and do the same procedure, then it works.

Do you have an idea how to solve this problem? Is there any possibility
to "restart" the whole network as during the boot-time?

Bests and many thanks,
Raphael