[ltp] Replacing Monitors

James Muchow linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 26 Dec 2003 17:12:03 -0800 (PST)

Laptops are so cheap now, but I really like the h/w config
I have with the present one. And Linux works fine, great
even, together with Win98. I'm pretty sure I'll have some
trouble trying to re-create what I have now with a new
system, so:

Anyone have any experience replacing (laptop) monitors?

The video output is fine, so I'm guessing the video card
is OK. The monitor, regardless of what is happening on the
screen, shows multi-colored verical bars of varying widths
and three evenly spaced horizontal black bars.

I going to look into replacing the monitor myself - it
looks do-able and not too hard from looking at the IBM
hardware manual. Anything to look out for?