[ltp] CDR Drive for 770 TP

Charles E Taylor IV linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 27 Dec 2003 18:20:26 -0500

On Thu, 25 Dec 2003 14:24:18 -0700 (MST)
Mendel Cooper <thegrendel@theriver.com> wrote:

> There has, in the past, been some discussion about a CDR drive for the
> 770-series Thinkpad. Someone even tried to transplant a laptop CDR drive
> into a 770 CD drive case, but without success, if I recall correctly.

This is probably a pretty obvious solution, but external USB CDRW drives
work just fine with the 770 series (at least, I've used them on the 770X
and 770Z).  You're limited to about 4X writes, but it's probably better
than ruining a perfectly good 770-series CD or DVD drive trying to kludge
a cdrw internally. :)

*  Charles Taylor <tomalek@mindspring.com>
*  Chemistry teacher, Linux enthusiast!
*  Web: http://home.mindspring.com/~charletiv/