[ltp] mplayer /dev/dsp: Permission denied

Steven Haigh linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 29 Dec 2003 20:23:53 +1100

On Sun, 2003-12-28 at 20:14, gustavo wrote:
> Hello
>   The mplayer can't open de audio device like commun user,
> only can like root.
>   I add mi user to the audio users. After it xmms and other aplication
> work ok with audio but mplayer still can't open the /dev/dsp (or
> /dev/audio).
>   Any Idea what is the problem??
>  By the way I also use a NAS audio server.
>
>   Thank you
>      Gusti

Sounds like NAS has the soundcard open. Close NAS and see what
happens... you may need to have nas-devel package or whatever it's
called installed so mplayer compiles with NAS audio output support...

--
Signed,
Steven Haigh

You can lead a fool to wisdom but you can't make him think.
We have enough youth. What we need is a fountain of smart.
I am root. If you see me laughing, you better have a backup.