[ltp] Installing Linux SUSE 8 on 600e

Hartmut Meyer linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 31 Dec 2003 21:44:26 +0100

Hi,

Am Donnerstag, 25. Dezember 2003 14:56 schrieb Rob Smith:

> Other than the issue with SCPM, I liked SuSE 9.0 Pro and would recommend
> it highly. I just wish that there was more information out there on this
> distro. You can walk into any major bookstore and find volumes on Red
> Hat, several books on Mandrake, and a couple on Debian, but to my
> knowledge, there's only one book on SuSE, and it was written for version
> 8. Being that this is the version you are inquiring about, you may want
> to pick it up. Just do a search using SuSE at Amazon.

There are quite a range of books available with SUSE PRESS:

  http://www.suse.de/de/business/products/books/index.html

Drawback: they are all in German ...

Anyway: a good general Linux book that covers (not only) SUSE is the one from
Kofler which is also available in English (unfortunately the latest English
translation is not up to date):

  http://www.amazon.de/exec/obidos/ASIN/0201596288/qid=1072903196/sr=1-4/ref=sr_1_8_4/028-0065334-8986979

In general, nowadays with LSB around you shoudn't find it too many differences
between several Linux distributions.

Greetings from Bremen
hartmut