[ltp] Toshiba combo drive in the Ultrabay

iriXx linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 01 Feb 2003 20:58:19 +0000

tmfu wrote:
>>Hi folks,
>>
>>I consider to upgrade from a DVD drive to a CDRW/DVD drive. Does
>>anybody know if I can buy for instance a cheap Toshiba SD-R2212, remove
>>the frame of my SD-C2512 DVD drive and use it for the new drive?
>>
>>Regards,
>>Tino
>>--
>

> I have a Sony CRX700E in my TP600E. The Tosh should work...
>
> Greg

ooh nice... does this require any bios upgrades?...
this is good news, i'd love to give it a try... does it mean serious
hardware hacking or is it quite straightforward?... are there any urls
out there?....

thanx

m~

--
iriXx
www.iriXx.org

copyleft: creativity, technology and freedom?
info@copyleftmedia.org.uk
www.copyleftmedia.org.uk

  _
( )  ascii ribbon against html email