[ltp] T30 and built in modem

Andreas Siegert linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 3 Feb 2003 13:46:28 +0100

> > > http://mailman.linux-thinkpad.org/pipermail/linux-thinkpad/2003-January/010065.html
> >
> > I already had tried the official 2.6.16 version of the smartlink driver.
> > Both the official one and the 2.7.[89] versions referenced in the
> > above post report the following in syslog:
> >
> > This driver is not compatible with the installed modem codec.
> >
> > When I contacted Smartlink, they told me they do not support their
> > competitiors modems.
>
> http://mailman.linux-thinkpad.org/pipermail/linux-thinkpad/2003-January/010070.html
>
> Just ignore the message and try it. I get the same message on my A30,
> but the modem returns at least an OK after an ATZ. I wasn't able to
> test a real dialup connection yet, since I can only use ISDN devices.

I tried it and have the same results as with the old driver.
The modem waits ages to dial, then dials and gets connected to the
wrong number (the line I am testing is used normally by our fax, so
the line is fine).

I am using wvdial on Suse 8.1. this is what gets sent to the modem:
ATZ
ATQ0 V1 E1 S0=0 &C1 &D2
ATX1DT"",32479752
(the number above is for my private provider, the T-Online number has
similar problems...)

The line I am testing on is direct through the PBX, so there is an
empty prefix.

I have been using those dial strings on my xircom, so they should be
ok unless the modem is totally wierd.

cheers
afx
--
atsec information security GmbH                Phone: +49-89-44249830
Steinstrasse 70                                  Fax: +49-89-44249831