[ltp] T30 and built in modem

Andreas Siegert linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 3 Feb 2003 15:48:50 +0100

Quoting Tino Keitel (tino.keitel@innominate.com) on Mon, Feb 03, 2003 at 02:08:51PM +0100:
> > I am using wvdial on Suse 8.1. this is what gets sent to the modem:
> > ATZ
> > ATQ0 V1 E1 S0=0 &C1 &D2
> > ATX1DT"",32479752
> > (the number above is for my private provider, the T-Online number has
> > similar problems...)
> >
> > The line I am testing on is direct through the PBX, so there is an
> > empty prefix.
> >
> > I have been using those dial strings on my xircom, so they should be
> > ok unless the modem is totally wierd.
>
> It's a crappy winmodem. :-) I would try to dial with just an ATZ and
> ATDT line.

Doesn't help, still the same results ;-{
My windows based colleagues also have fun with their T30s, on some the
shipped driver works on some another driver is needed.

cheers
afx
--
atsec information security GmbH                Phone: +49-89-44249830
Steinstrasse 70                                  Fax: +49-89-44249831