[ltp] A20p (r128 mobility 3M) XF86 4.1 S/Video -> SCART TV success

Tue, 4 Feb 2003 10:23:00 +0100

On Tue, Feb 04, 2003 at 01:18:24 +0000, Vivek wrote:

> In case anyone's interested, I've managed to get video output
> going from the laptop described in the subject line to a tv,
> through a s/video -> scart cable ( sound output had to go out through
> the laptop's headphone output : I have a phono + s/video -> scart
> cable ).
>
>    "atitvout -f t"
>
> activates the video output, but you have to get the laptop into a
> resolution of approximately 720x576 or lower, which, for r128 driver
> at least, appears to require a minor hack of the r128_drv.o module.
> ( the stock module appears to throw away all user supplied modeline
>   details _except_ the resolution, btw, which makes the lower res
>   modes inaccessible, at least with the r128 video BIOS on my A20 ).
>
> Will post a patch + instructions here if anyone wants it.
>
> Caffeine and an obsessive personality triumph over hardware once more...

I had a similar problem with the Trident chip in my 765L. I patched the
driver source to make it believe that the LCD is not active, because it
will use fixed timings if it detects an active LCD and ignore all
timing settings in the XF86Config file.

Regards,
Tino

--
tino.keitel@innominate.com
dipl.-inf.                        Innominate Security Technologies AG