[ltp] Using Sprint Cell Phone for KPPP

James Mckenzie linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
04 Feb 2003 14:33:39 -0700

I managed to get data running through the A460 with the following
scripts:

PPPD:

# You usually need this if there is no PAP authentication
noauth
# Set up routing to go through this PPP link
defaultroute
# Use remote DNS
usepeerdns
# Default modem
/dev/usb/ttyACM0
# Connect at high speed
# 19200
38400
# local
crtscts
# persist
lcp-echo-failure 0
lcp-echo-interval 0
# nobsdcomp
bsdcomp 9
noccp
nopcomp
novj
lock
mru 296
mtu 296
passive
default-asyncmap
# ms-dns 198.6.1.140
logfile /root/sprint.out
# record /root/sprint.sent
user ****
password ****
debug
# The chat script (be sure to edit that file, too!)
connect "/usr/sbin/chat -v -f /etc/chatscripts/sprint -r
/root/sprint.out"

And the Chat script:

REPORT          CONNECT
ECHO            ON
TIMEOUT         5
ABORT           '\nBUSY\r'
ABORT           '\nERROR\r'
ABORT           '\nNO ANSWER\r'
ABORT           '\nNO CARRIER\r'
ABORT           '\nNO DIALTONE\r'
ABORT           '\nRINGING\r\n\r\nRINGING\r'
TIMEOUT         12
SAY     "Dialing Sprint PCS\n"
''              AT
OK              ATX3
OK              ATE0V1
OK              AT+IFC=2,2
OK              ATD#2932
TIMEOUT         22
SAY     "\nWaiting for Earthlink connection to come up\n"
CONNECT         ""
SAY "\nConnected, and logged in ....\n"

The lines show up in /root/sprint.out and the ip-up script does run.  I
would like to increase the speed of the connection and to enable
compression.

Any ideas on how to do this?

Thanks.

James Mckenzie