[ltp] TP600X RH7.2 serial port locations?

Ross Patterson linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 5 Feb 2003 08:46:38 -0500

This is sure to be a dumb question.  I'm running Red Hat 7.2 on a ThinkPad
600X.  I've got a Handspring Visor Prism PDA with a serial cradle, and I want
to sync it up to "stuff" on Linux.  I've got all the "stuff", but ...

The only problem is that for the life of me I can't figure out what the
proper device name ("/dev/something_or_other") is for the DB9 serial
connector on the back of the laptop!  Everything I find on the net tells me
it's COM<something_or_other>, but that isn't much help (there are days when I
wish Torvalds had gone with /dev/com1 et al.).  On top of that, this machine
has *never* run Windows, so typing PS2.EXE has no effect :-)

Any ideas?
--
Ross A. Patterson
Chief Technology Officer