[ltp] A20p (r128 mobility 3M) XF86 4.1 S/Video -> SCART TV success

Wed, 5 Feb 2003 14:54:55 +0100

On Tue, Feb 04, 2003 at 19:34:30 +0000, Vivek wrote:
> On Tue, 4 Feb 2003, Tino Keitel wrote:
>
> [snip]
> > I had a similar problem with the Trident chip in my 765L. I patched the
> > driver source to make it believe that the LCD is not active, because it
> > will use fixed timings if it detects an active LCD and ignore all
> > timing settings in the XF86Config file.
>
> It's actually not too bad - it's almost all the way to the rather
> nice result of the driver being able to autoconfigure itself on LCD:
> The two minor problems being that a) it silently overwrites your mode,
> leading to much headscratching and screaming in frustration and b)
> the BIOS appears to _always_ say the clock should be 108MHz, which
> gives a 60Hz pseudorefresh at 1400x1050, but generates ludicrously
> high refresh rates for some of the lower res modes.

The bad thing was the fact that the Trident driver uses hardcoded mode
lines, and the one for the 1024x768 mode causes ugly flicker on my CRT.
This is why I think that this should be a runtime option.

Regards,
Tino

--
tino.keitel@innominate.com
dipl.-inf.                        Innominate Security Technologies AG