[ltp] A20p (r128 mobility 3M) XF86 4.1 S/Video -> SCART TV success

Vivek linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 5 Feb 2003 14:16:35 +0000 (GMT)

On Wed, 5 Feb 2003, Tino Keitel wrote:

> The bad thing was the fact that the Trident driver uses hardcoded mode
> lines, and the one for the 1024x768 mode causes ugly flicker on my CRT.
> This is why I think that this should be a runtime option.

Yes. Maybe a further option on the modelines, or possibly an
lcdfrequency and a crtfrequency option in the device section:
The driver could then make sure that modes that would make the
LCD unhappy would deactivate it (the LCD), and those that would
make the CRT unhappy wouldn't send any output out that way. Hmm.
Maybe I will attempt this for the r128 driver.