[ltp] T30 and built in modem

Andreas Siegert linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 5 Feb 2003 21:17:04 +0100

I should learn to recheck install scripts .....

Quoting Andreas Siegert (afxml@atsec.com) on Mon, Feb 03, 2003 at 01:46:28PM +0100:
> > http://mailman.linux-thinkpad.org/pipermail/linux-thinkpad/2003-January/010070.html
> >
> > Just ignore the message and try it. I get the same message on my A30,
> > but the modem returns at least an OK after an ATZ. I wasn't able to
> > test a real dialup connection yet, since I can only use ISDN devices.
>
> I tried it and have the same results as with the old driver.
> The modem waits ages to dial, then dials and gets connected to the
> wrong number (the line I am testing is used normally by our fax, so
> the line is fine).

Turns out the install process copied the modules to the wrong
directory. When using the 2.7.9 driver I now can access T-Online in
Germany, but not my home provider. So at least it is a partial
success!
I found the driver at
http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/packages/smartlink/
for those that have access problems with the smartlink site.

I still wonder why Smartlink tells me that this is not their modem and
the driver works with it though.

cheers
afx

PS: I needed to use the ALSA mixer to increase the phone volume to hear
the modem noises without strainig my ears.

--
atsec information security GmbH                Phone: +49-89-44249830
Steinstrasse 70                                  Fax: +49-89-44249831