[ltp] Can't mount CF card in PC Slot - need device name?

J.J.Green linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
07 Feb 2003 14:30:43 +0000

Hi Greg

> What are you using to plug it into the PCMCIA slot?  Do you have
> an adapter?  I'm curious - I got a USB CF reader for my desktop
> that I can also use on my R32, but if there is a way to use the
> PCMCIA that's even better.

FYI, I got a viking compact flash adaptor (model cfa3899)
cost GBP 30 and works with my linux setup (debian, 2.4.20)
without  configuration -- it just appears as hdb with a fat32 fs
on hdb1 (I have no built-in cdrom). Very handy for taking
jpeg images to the print-shop!

Cheers

Jim
--
J. J. Green, Department of Applied Mathematics, Hicks Bd.,
Hounsfield Rd.,  University of Sheffield,  Sheffield, UK.