[ltp] Tomsrtbt on A30P

Mon, 10 Feb 2003 10:09:15 +0100

On Mon, Feb 10, 2003 at 03:46:59 -0500, Frank Robers _ SOTL wrote:
> On Sunday 09 February 2003 16:55, Tino Keitel wrote:
> > On Sun, Feb 09, 2003 at 16:41:42 -0500, Frank Robers _ SOTL wrote:
> > > Hi All
> > >
> > > Has anyone used Tomsrtbt on an A30P?
> > >
> > > I have a new copy of Tomsrtbt, downloaded it today, which works very well
> > > on my other two boxes but only boots halfway on my Thinkpad.
> > >
> > > My first help request was to Tom at Tomsrtbt but since he does not have
> > > an A30P he was unable to help.
> > >
> > > The problem appears to be that I am not setting the correct switches on
> > > boot.
> > >
> > > The following does NOT allow Tomsrtbt to boot. At the boot prompt:
> > >
> > > boot> bz2bzImage floppy=thinkpad
> >
> > IIRC the floppy=thinkpad option is obsolete if you don't have a very
> > old ThinkPad.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Tino
> HI
> That leads to the question is there anything new and not obsolete for very new
> Thinkpads?
>
> If so what?

Please define "only boots halfway". I had problems with the Debian
Potato CDs (kernel 2.2.18). It seemed like a Future Domain SCSI driver
hangs when it tries to detect the (non-existent) hardware.

Regards,
Tino

--
tino.keitel@innominate.com
dipl.-inf.                        Innominate Security Technologies AG