[ltp] Re: Can't mount CF card in PC Slot - need device name?

Charles E Taylor IV linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 10 Feb 2003 13:40:54 -0500

On Mon, 10 Feb 2003 18:25:13 +0000
"H Hound" <hockey_hound42@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Yes, I'm using a (Adaptetek?) CF adapter.  Cost roughly $20 at the local
> electronics store.  I usually just leave it in the PC slot so it doesn't
> take any extra space when I travel.

For what it's worth, the Sandisk CF/PCMCIA adapter cost me $13 at the
local Best Buy.  It seems a lot faster than leaving the CF card in my
camera and using the USB interface to read the card.  Plus, it doesn't
wear out the camera's batteries.

On my system, the CF card's recognised as hde, so I just put this in
/etc/fstab:

/dev/hde1               /mnt/pcmcia             auto    noauto,users 0 0

... and mount/unmount the card with Nautilus when i need to.

*  Charles Taylor <tomalek@mindspring.com>
*  Chemistry teacher, Linux enthusiast!
*  College Chemistry website: http://home.mindspring.com/~charletiv/