[ltp] Compilation

Reinhard Foerster linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 12 Feb 2003 16:26:39 +0100

On Wed, 12 Feb 2003 05:29:25 -0800, Greg Herlein wrote:

> Folks, let's get a compilation started on what is in what model -
> at least try.  I have an R32 and my modem is:
>
> 00:1f.6 Class 0703: 8086:2486 (rev 02)
>         Subsystem: 1014:051e
>         Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 0, IRQ 11
>         I/O ports at 2400 [size=256]
>         I/O ports at 2000 [size=128]

We should include IBM FRU numbers and the card type (mini-pc, MDC, any
other?) to the compilation. Before buying a Thinkpad you can get the FRU
numbers of each model but cannot get lspci generated numbers. Thus only
the FRU number is a decision criterion if you are looking for a linux
ready Thinkpad model.

BTW: What's the meaning of the PCI subsystem numbers? According to
http://linmodems.org/cgi-bin/ezmlm-cgi?1:mss:9920:200212:lgihadoelhknedecfjgk
the AC97 IDs are the interesting numbers.

  Reinhard