[ltp] Thinkpad 600 and Internet connection?

Per Edin linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 13 Feb 2003 18:49:23 +0100

----- Original Message -----
From: "Angel de Vicente" <angelv@dai.ed.ac.uk>
To: <linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org>
Sent: Thursday, February 13, 2003 6:36 PM
Subject: [ltp] Thinkpad 600 and Internet connection?

> Hello,
>
> I´ve tried it a number of times, but there is no way... I got the Mwave
> drivers, I run mwaved and then mwavem and everything seems to be fine, but
> then I get a network device configuration (under RedHat8.0) but it
complains
> that it cannot activate the device, or the connexion becomes active but
> nothing happens.... :-(
>
> I think I'm missing a lot of information. Is there out there some
> information for real newbies on how to set up the internal modem in a
> thinkpad 600 AND then create a connection to the Internet?
>
> Thanks,
> Angel de Vicente

> PhD Research Student
> Edinburgh University

Hi,

I dont have any information on this myself as I've tried the same thing that
you have but
with even worse results. I have a ThinkPad 600e with an internal modem and
when
I tried the mwave stuff but it didn't even wanna start.

Another thing, is there any possiblity to get the serial port /dev/ttyS0
working ?
As I see it the internal winmodem is blocking the port. I've tried it in
both Win98,Debian 3
and BeOS Developer Edition, it doesn't work in either, in w2k it works fine
but w2k
is shipped with special mwave drivers.

Best regards, Per Edin