[ltp] Thinkpad 600 and Internet connection?

Charles E Taylor IV linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 13 Feb 2003 13:46:25 -0500

On Thu, 13 Feb 2003 18:49:23 +0100
"Per Edin" <per.programmering@telia.com> wrote:

> I dont have any information on this myself as I've tried the same thing
> that you have but
> with even worse results. I have a ThinkPad 600e with an internal modem
> and when
> I tried the mwave stuff but it didn't even wanna start.

Check /etc/pcmcia/config.opts and see if PCMCIA's trying to take the
mwave's interrrupts.  The mwave seems to want IRQs 3 and 10 by default.

> Another thing, is there any possiblity to get the serial port /dev/ttyS0
> working ?
> As I see it the internal winmodem is blocking the port.

You need to use the DOS utility PS2.EXE to enable the serial port.  After
that, it should work fine.  You can get PS2 from IBM's web site.  You can
also check/set mwave, sound, and IR resources this way.

You will probably have to disable your IR port if you want both the serial
port and mwave to work.

*  Charles Taylor <tomalek@mindspring.com>
*  Chemistry teacher, Linux enthusiast!
*  College Chemistry website: http://home.mindspring.com/~charletiv/