[ltp] Autorepeat on 600E

Michael Hagemann linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 14 Feb 2003 11:31:31 +0100

On Fri, 14 Feb 2003 13:31:23 +1100 Myles Byrne wrote:

> On Fri, 2003-02-14 at 13:17, Rob Mayoff wrote:
> > +---------- On Feb 14, Myles Byrne said:
> > > I'm experiencing a really weird problem on a 600E, after the machine
> > > comes out of suspend autorepeat does not work in X (still works fine in
> > > the console).
> >
> > Try 'xset q' to see if autorepeat is enabled.  Use 'xset r on' to turn
>
> Yeah its on, that doesn't seem to be the problem. For about 3 seconds
> after the machine comes out of suspend autorepeat works ... then it
> stops working. Also autorepeat works fine from gdm if i log out but
> stops working after im logged in

I experienced the same thing, too -- but only 2 or 3 times in recent
months (< 1% of the wake ups).

And I have a similar problem that might be related:  With kernels
starting from 2.4.19 (I think) I have key repetition problems that
involve the ctrl and alt key under X.  I had this in galeon, when
changing tabs, and in sawfish, when I lower windows.  In both cases it
sometimes makes several "steps" at once.  This problem disappears when I
switch back to a 2.4.17 kernel.  My XFree is 4.2.1.

This is reproducible for me, but since the interrelationships are quite
complex I don't have a idea where the original problem might be.  Any
hints where I might start to look?

regards,
michael