[ltp] BlueKite like Software for Linux

Tod Harter linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 15 Feb 2003 19:49:34 -0500

I would assume then that your "BlueKite enabled" windows box would then need
to talk to another similarly configured box at the other end.

I think you can easily accomplish the same thing using PPTP out of the box on
linux. I've never tried it, and I would bet that there are a dozen other ways
to do it as well, but they would all involve creating a pont-to-point network
tunnel of some sort.

The real question would be whether or not the result was more efficient. It
would depend highly on the type of network traffic. Remember, most large
streams of data are things like multimedia, which do not compress well at all
(read usually not at all). Compression might benefit some applications like
possibly file serving or web access, but those usually don't demand enough
bandwidth for it to matter much.

--
Tod Harter
Giant Electronic Brain