[ltp] T30 & Cisco Wi-Fi

Herbert Szumovski linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 16 Feb 2003 19:28:42 +0100

At 10:47 16.02.2003, Andreas Siegert wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I finally got my wireless card (the internal cisco 350) for my T30 (SuSE 8.1).
>Works fine under W2K, works sketchy at best with the Cisco driver (mpi350).
>Drops out of the net, toggling the card often does not work, doesn't connect
>to the hub (Vigor 2200We) without SSID broadcasts.....
>
>Has anyone used the CVS driver from sourceforge?
>Is it worth trying (I do want to run kismet, which will not work with the
>cisco driver as it does not support promiscous mode)....

I use the Cisco 350 cardbus card with the sourceforge driver (though with
RH 8.0, it should also work fine with Suse I think).
  I use it both for normal work and also with kismet, both work fine, so
it may be worth a try also for the internal card.
Dont forget to compile the Aironet proc Interface into the kernel, even
though you use the latest 350 drivers.

Cheers, Herbert