[ltp] modem driver from Smartlink

Mon, 17 Feb 2003 10:47:56 +0100

On Wed, Feb 12, 2003 at 16:11:42 +0100, PSI-Systems wrote:
> > alias char-major-212 slmodem
> > alias slmodem slamrmo
> >
> > options slmdm country=GERMANY
> >
> > post-install slamrmo mknod  -m 660 /dev/ttySL0 c 212 0 ; chown
> > root:dialout /dev/ttySL0
> OK. Seems to work but I get:
>
> Mutex destroy failure: Device or resource busy
>
> after a while and when trying to open the terminal in kppp I only get:
>
> Opener: received OpenDevice
> error opening modem device !
>
> Can somebody help me?

Is the user that calls kppp in the dialout group? If not, he won't have
permissions to access the ttySL0 device at all, since the device node
was created with permissions 660 (see above).

Regards,
Tino

--
tino.keitel@innominate.com
dipl.-inf.                        Innominate Security Technologies AG