[ltp] Comprehensive Linux Book to show me the ropes

Steve Barr linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 19 Feb 2003 06:10:10 -0500

Anthony Gee wrote:
> I am dabbling in Linux with my new Thinkpad... and was wondering if
> there are any recommendations on a book that will teach me all the ins
> and outs of Linux.

> So far all I've done was install Red Hat 8..

http://www.redhat.com/docs/
http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/linux/
http://www.redhat.com/apps/commerce/books.html

Since (at the time of writing) they are out of stock,
you can print off parts of the PDFs from the second
link to get started.  I've not found a great source
of Linux information, but these are at least good and
right for the distribution you have.

> one of the first things I would like to learn is how to install the
 > driver for my integrated wireless  (Intersil Prism 2.5) on my T30.

The other responder addressed this.

Steve
--
http://www.stevebarr.com