[ltp] Updated xfree86 trident driver

S Davy linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 19 Feb 2003 14:44:07 +0000 (GMT)

Heya all - first post for me :)

Just read through your achives, looking to solve a problem with my 760XL X
setup - I get an out of sync mess on screen, although X is running fine.

Looking through, I see the problem is common to those trying to use
xfree86 4.x.x, and some had got it working using 3.3.6.  I may have to
downgrade to 3.3.6 if neccesary, but I'd rather not have to (Using
RH8/XF4.2.0 at the mo').

So decided to check the cvs for the current 4.2.99rc2 version and noticed
a 6 weeks old bug fix in the trident drivers
Log message:

 690. Fix a problem in the trident driver for older chipsets and using
      16bit clock programming, manifested itself on a Thinkpad 760EL,
      but there are probably lots of others. (Alan Hourihane).

Suggests the possibilty that this version may work properly.  Havent had
chance to try it yet, and wont do till tomorow, but I thought I'd post it
and let folks know, if any one wants to try it. 4.3 is just around the
corner...

Cheers

--
Wavy Davy (who shares wins)
I hope life isn't a big joke, because I don't get it.