[ltp] Resize NTFS Partition?

Allen, Michael B (RSCH) linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 20 Feb 2003 01:19:54 -0500

	Actually I found Partition Magic 5 Pro. But I wonder if it can resize NTFS 5.

> Plan B is nuking your W2K, kill the first partition, re-create it at
> the size you want, and recover your system from recovery partition or
> CDs. I've done this with Win XP on my T23.

	This is a very good idea and sounds like exactly what I will do.

> With XP, it actually installs the system using FAT, and then after
> you've finished the installation, it pulls a fast one one you and
> converts the partition to NTFS.

	I actually haven't checked that the W2K install is either. The machine is
	not in front of me now.

	I'm looking foward to using Linux on my T30! I got a lot of milage out of my 560E
	(still going w/ RH 5.2 actually).

	Thanks,
	Mike