[ltp] Resize NTFS Partition?

Thu, 20 Feb 2003 05:07:18 -0400

Quoting Andy <list@firman.us>:

> On Wednesday 19 February 2003 21:06, Bjorn Knutsson wrote:
> > On 20 Feb 2003 00:05, Allen, Michael B (RSCH) wrote:
> > > Is there a utility that can shrink an NTFS partition safely? Can I
> > > install RH on a T30 (236652U) and keep the factory install of W2K but
> > > squish it down to 15Gigs?
> >
> > No free software that I know of, but Partition Magic can.
>
> Suse 8.0 has this built into its installer as I remember once
> using it to shrink down a Windows partition for one of my Debian
> or Redhat installs.
>
> Can't remember if I shrunk FAT32 or NTFS......but needless to say
> I was pleasantly surprised.  Check it out if you have the time.

SuSE only shrinks FAT partitions, not NTFS.  There is a shareware boot manager,
the name of which I cannot recall, on the web that will do it.  The main thing
they are selling is the boot manager, to boot multiple operating systems.
However, the installer can resize NTFS partitions.  To not be in violation of
the shareware rules, uninstall it after doing the resize.

Actually found it, go to:
http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/bootitng.html

John.