[ltp] ThinkPad 600E

LUG Richard Brown linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 21 Feb 2003 07:22:53 +0000

Dear All

I am having trouble configuring the script file for Mwave and having
contacted different lists and people I am getting to the point where a
PCMCIA modem seems the best bet. I am totally fed up with having to use
windows to get emails! Please help.

My main problem is configuring the opening scripts:

#DSPIO=0x0130
#DSPIRQ=10

#/dev/ttys1
#UARTIRQ=3
#UARTIO=0x2F8

My modem under windows is showing Com2 IRQ=5 Address=2F8 UART=NS16550AN
I/O range=02F8-02FF Interrupt request=05

Com1 IRQ=4 Address=3F8 UART NS16550AN

DSP is showing as Mwave hardware and the UART as the serial port for the
Mwave.

Unfortunately I have only been using Linux for about three months and
the learning curve has been steep but I am getting there. Any help will
be much appreciated.

Thanks

Rich