[ltp] T30 "ide: Assuming 33MHz system bus speed for PIO modes; override with idebus=xx"

Allen, Michael B (RSCH) linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 24 Feb 2003 22:34:08 -0500

Thanks Ben. It's great to get such quick replies from someone with the exact same
model. Your web page basically sold me on this model and so far I'm VERY happy!

I have another question. On boot I get the the following message:

  ide: Assuming 33MHz system bus speed for PIO modes; override with idebus=xx

I am MUCH more concerned with reliability so I'm in no hurry to mess with idebus
kernel parameters but I'm curious; is this message just paranoia? If so what can I
safely set the parameter to?

Thanks,
Mike