[ltp] T30 "ide: Assuming 33MHz system bus speed for PIO modes ; override with idebus=xx"

Allen, Michael B (RSCH) linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 24 Feb 2003 23:16:28 -0500

	I think your right. I don't see any drivers that try to actually set idebus_speed derived
	timings and here's a relevant lkml post:

	  http://www.uwsg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0101.3/0221.html

	The driver specific ide0=xxx parameters sound more meaningful. Just as a reference,
	on my Dell Precision 410 at work I get the following with hdparm:

	  [root@miallen3 root]# hdparm -tT /dev/sda

	  /dev/sda:
	   Timing buffer-cache reads:   128 MB in  0.92 seconds =139.13 MB/sec
	   Timing buffered disk reads:  64 MB in  2.72 seconds = 23.53 MB/sec

	I'll see what I get on the T30 when I get home.

	Thanks,
	Mike