[ltp] how to mount dvd?

Tod Harter linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 26 Feb 2003 11:14:45 -0500

Hmmm, I can remember in the early days of CD-R and CD-R/W having similar
problems with CDs. Some drives just don't like disks burned on certain other
drives, or with certain brands of media, etc. R/W type disks tend to be less
accepted than straight R's as well, in general. It could also be some quirk
in the way the authoring software laid out the disk, there are pregaps and
stuff that might need to have certain values. I'm no expert, but a good
friend of mine authors DVD's for a living and they run into compatibility
problems fairly often from what I hear. I'd try the disk in other OS's on
other machines and see what happens. Chances are some will read it and some
won't.

--
Tod Harter
Giant Electronic Brain