[ltp] no mouse wheel after suspend

David Wainberg linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 26 Feb 2003 15:48:00 -0500

Howdy,

I see there're lots of quirky problems with coming out of suspend. Here's mine. I have a 600x with a usb mouse (MS Trackball Explorer), debian, Xfree 4.2.1, kernel 2.4.19-ac. When I come out of suspend the wheel no longer works. I have to exit and restart X to get it back.

-it's a 7 button mouse with wheel on 4 5 (I currently don't use 6 7)
-unplugging/plugging the mouse doesn't help, though dmesg seems to show it's properly disconnected and then recognized as a new device when reconnected
-same prob using 'apm --suspend' or closing the cover
-no probs with mice on the ps/2 port
-cat -A /dev/input/mouse0 shows data from the wheel even though it's not working in X

Anyone?

Thanks,

--D

relevant[?] XF86config sections below:

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "USBMouse"
        Driver          "mouse"
        Option          "SendCoreEvents"        "true"
        Option          "Device"                "/dev/input/mouse0"
        Option          "Protocol"              "ExplorerPS/2"
        Option          "Buttons"               "7"
EndSection

.
.
.