[ltp] how to mount dvd?

Katsumi Matsumoto linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 26 Feb 2003 16:02:34 -0500 (EST)

Thanks to all you who responded.  I followed the suggestion and found out
that I could mount the DVD using the same writer connected to T30.  I was
able to do this running both RH8 and XP.  Since I could not do the same
with T30 internal CDRW/DVDR drive running either linux nor XP, it seems
that the internal drive is to be blamed.  This seems consistent with the
opinions expressed by others that DVD's have serious compatibility issues.
(Is it still possible that the media is to be blamed...?)

By the way, in reply to previous queries, I burned the DVD with an
Hewlett-Package DVD writer 200e using utilties dvd+rw-format and
growisofs.  The media is HP DVD+RW.

Thanks for the discussion.
-Katsumi