[ltp] hardware clock ??

Dan Sawyer linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 02 Jan 2003 13:29:22 -0800

--------------070702040206030808080304

Thank you.

The h/w clock runs while the system is up however it 'looses' a day or
so during suspend.

Do you know how to turn hibernation 'off'??

Thanks again,
Dan

Bjorn Knutsson wrote:

>On 31 Dec 2002 23:49, Dan Sawyer wrote:
>

>>All,
>>
>>I have a thinkpad 600x with RH 8.0. Each time I suspend the machine with
>>apm -s and restore 'time' stops as well.
>>
>>The h/w clock seems to be running as reported by hwclock -r.
>>
>>Does supend effect the hwclock?
>>
>>If it does not is there a resume script somewhere?
>>
>>How can keep time correct accross a suspend?
>>

>The time should keep going, additionally in RedHat the clock should
>normally be restored by the apm-scripts (if CLOCK_SYNC is set to "yes"
>in /etc/sysconfig/apmd).
>
>If you try this, you should be aware that one problem I've had with my
>T23 since upgrading to 8.0 is that if I do call hwclock after resuming
>from suspend, the machine will freeze while running hwclock. The only
>way to "thaw" it is to press Fn-F3 to activate Standby mode, when
>coming out of standby, the machine comes back to live.
>
>Interestingly enough, I do not have this problem when coming out of
>hibernation, and since I normally don't use suspend this has only been
>a minor problem for me. I've "solved" the problem by removing the
>restoration of time from the hardware clock.
>
>/Björn

--------------070702040206030808080304

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
Thank you.<br>
The h/w clock runs while the system is up however it 'looses' a day or so
during suspend.<br>
Do you know how to turn hibernation 'off'??<br>
Thanks again,<br>
Dan<br>
Bjorn Knutsson wrote:<br>
 cite="mid15892.43866.481916.125149@phobos.cis.upenn.edu">
I have a thinkpad 600x with RH 8.0. Each time I suspend the machine with
apm -s and restore 'time' stops as well.

The h/w clock seems to be running as reported by hwclock -r.

Does supend effect the hwclock?

If it does not is there a resume script somewhere?

How can keep time correct accross a suspend?
    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->
The time should keep going, additionally in RedHat the clock should
normally be restored by the apm-scripts (if CLOCK_SYNC is set to "yes"
in /etc/sysconfig/apmd).

If you try this, you should be aware that one problem I've had with my
T23 since upgrading to 8.0 is that if I do call hwclock after resuming
from suspend, the machine will freeze while running hwclock. The only
way to "thaw" it is to press Fn-F3 to activate Standby mode, when
coming out of standby, the machine comes back to live.

Interestingly enough, I do not have this problem when coming out of
hibernation, and since I normally don't use suspend this has only been
a minor problem for me. I've "solved" the problem by removing the
restoration of time from the hardware clock.

/Bj&ouml;rn
  </pre>

--------------070702040206030808080304--