[ltp] cs46xx issues on an IBM thinkpad T-20

Matthew Davis linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 3 Jan 2003 11:41:34 +1000 (EST)

> > > I'm a bit tired of the sound quality, it is the cs46xx
> > > driver that is not working well I'm sure, the  volume
> > > is barely audible, even with kickass speakers.  I like
> > > to replace it with alsa driver.

I had difficulties with audio volume on my T22 in linux, even when the
sound in windows was plenty loud enough.  It turned out that there was a
global software 'volume control' that was about halfway up by default.

If you're using gnome, try adding a 'volume control' applet (under
multimedia) or such like to the gnome panel, and have a look at the level.

HTH, Matt.