[Re: [ltp] kernel: memory.c:83: bad pmd]

Jim Peden linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 03 Jan 2003 13:47:26 -0700

My A20 had two 256meg sticks of memory. I pulled one and rebooted ..... n=
luck. I pulled that one and replaced it with the other one. Bingo! It wor=
ked,
but not before my first hard drive had had one to many fsck's die in the
middle of scanning the disk. :( So I'm re-installing now. The other drive=

worked fine. I did a couple of runs on it that would have sent the kernel=

screaming into a panic. =

Thanks
Jim

Vivek <vivek@etla.org> wrote:
> On Fri, 3 Jan 2003, Jim Peden wrote:
> =

> > Hi All,
> >
> > I have an A20 Thinkpad running Redhat 7.2 (linux-2.4.7-10). Just last=

> > night I started getting this error: "kernel: memory.c:83: bad pmd". T=
hen
> > the I get a kernel panic and so on. It has been running 7.2 for month=
> > with a problem. I started thinking it was the hard drive. I had an ol=
> > Redhat 6.2 hard driving I had pulled out of my thinkpad, the hard dri=
ve
> > that came with the Thinkpad. I installed the old drive and I get the =
SAME