[ltp] resume script ??

Tod Harter linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 4 Jan 2003 10:58:35 -0500

On Friday 03 January 2003 10:09 am, Dan Sawyer wrote:
> Is there a resume from suspend script??
>
> Dan

On RedHat and Mandrake at least the setup is as follows: (actually this
applies to Mandrake, but I believe mostly to Red Hat as well).

In the /etc/sysconfig directory is a file named apmd which provides a bunch of
switches which are sufficient for controlling most ordinary apm functions.
The file is heavily commented so I suggest you read it, there is about a 99%
chance that whatever you want to tweak can be done from there (personally
I've never needed to change anything related to apmd outside this file).

Assuming you DID need to delve further into it there is a directory
/etc/sysconfig/apm-scripts which contains the apmd_proxy script, which is the
actual shell script which is invoked when there is an apm event. It too is
heavily commented, but all it really does is invoke all the scripts in the
suspend.d and resume.d subdirectories. There are a number of these scripts
and presumeably they are where the switches set in /etc/sysconfig/apmd are
actually implemented (but I've personally never looked inside any of them).

My guess would be that the most you would need to do would be to either add
(or delete) one of these resume/suspend scripts. My personal approach would
be to make changes that were controlled by a switch somewhere in the
/etc/sysconfig/apmd file and then submit a patch to Mandrake if your changes
appear to be of any use to anyone else.

--
Tod Harter
Giant Electronic Brain