[ltp] Starting over: A21e+port replicator

Seth Kulick linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 4 Jan 2003 11:36:40 -0500

On Sat, Jan 04, 2003 at 11:18:37AM -0500, Tod Harter wrote:

> I'll go even further and state that LILO is one of the best boot managers
> there is, period. It can boot all known OSes AFAIK. I wouldn't WANT anything
> else on my MBR!!! One thing is for sure, no version of windows has a boot
> loader that even recognizes the existence of any other OS, so its not
> possible to put any of them on the MBR and boot to anything except windows.

It's possible with some tweaking.  On my T30, I'm using the Windows  boot
loader to choose XP or Redhat 8.0. It was a slightly complicated but not too
bad procedure that involved modifying c:\BOOT.INI.

Seth