[ltp] Thinkpad 560E hiberation file

Mathias Dalheimer linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
04 Jan 2003 19:19:53 +0100

On Sat, 2003-01-04 at 18:23, Andreas Kemnade wrote:
> The first partition on the harddisk is a FAT partition.
> I don't know how I should create a M$-something bootdisk to run ps2.exe from it
> to create a hibernation file.
> I tried the usual format /s /q A: on win95/win98 and msdos but none of these
> diskettes boot. They boot in dosemu.

Hmm, this should work. Really, you need to boot from a DOS. Or, if you
have the ,,Thinkpad Configuration Utility'' for WinXP/NT etc, you can
also create the hfile from within your windows installation - if you
have one onto your Thinkpad. The WinXP-Versions of ps2.exe are available
from the IBM website.

> But Freedos diskettes work and can also access my harddisk.
> So I tried ps2.exe from there.
> But ps2.exe seems not to work with Freedos. It gives the same error message
> as it was started from dosemu (with the same Freedos bootdisk).
> So I ask: Is there any tool for linux which can create such a hibernation file?

This was - if I'm right - mentioned several times on this mailing list.
There's no way of creating a hfile from linux.

Bye
Mathias