[ltp] a newbie struggling with LILO

ravi channavajhala linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 6 Jan 2003 15:21:48 -0800 (PST)

So what if you dont have a boot floppy?

There are several recovery images available on the net
(get them from redhat site), download these images,
run rawrite (provided as a separate utility) from XP
to copy these images to floppy.  Boot from this
floppy, mount your /dev/hda[x] on /mnt/sysimage or
something like that.  chroot to this dir, look at your
lilo config.  Reinstall lilo, if needed.  Better yet,
install grub and make it your bootloader.

regards,
-ravi

Disclaimer:  I've not used XP, I still use NT-4.0 on
my dual booted T20.

--- Katsumi Matsumoto <kmatsumo@splash.princeton.edu>